A Perfect Ten

Long ago, in a faraway land of damp Redwoods and rocky beaches, a photograph was taken.  At the time, this photograph didn't have much meaning.  A simple trip to the beach with a small group of friends was on the schedule; an easy and routine task to fulfill.  The sun was shining and there was not a cloud in the sky-a rare occurrence in this faraway land on a February afternoon.  Silliness ensued.  Waves crashed.  Snapshots were snapped. 
And two people had their photograph taken together for the first time.  They seemed a little scared, they seemed a little nervous.  They both wondered how they would be different when this faraway land spit them out of it's academic grip.  The two people in the snapshot had no idea that a decade later, after many more photographs and many more beaches; after a few serious haircuts and a journey to the North; after a lot of raindrops but only a few cloudy moods...
 ...they would find themselves still together on another sunny day in February, ten years later.

4 comments:

  1. What a great story for a sweet boy and girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cute! I always love hearing stories of how people get together. I hopped on over here from the archive dive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so very sweet. thank you for sharing this. i love that you have that old photo too. isn't it amazing to look back and remember all that you didn't know was in store for you then? lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! What a treasure to have that photograph! What I wouldnt give to have a photo of the day my husband & I met! :)

    I'm stopping by from i made it so's friday archive dive "love". (I know, I'm a week overdue!) I hope you'll do the same! You can find mine @ http://sofiasideas.com/2011/02/12/valentines-day-the-non-conformist-way-2/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.