Anger Management

I was prepared to entice you lovely readers today with a sneak peak of some pretties bound for the Etsy shop.  As my mom always says: 'Plan A quickly turns to Plan D.  Always.'  So today you're getting apples.
 As you might know, I have been waiting very patiently for a little piece of paper from the City of Seattle to tell me I am indeed licensed to operate business dealings within city limits-otherwise known as a business license.  Said business license was applied for many moons ago, the beginning of April to be exact.  The State of Washington has their cogs well oiled, because I've had their paperwork in hand for a month.  All I can say is it's a really good thing I called yesterday to give a shout out to the City of Seattle, because I have now learned that someone, somewhere, somehow, who is not me, has my business license.

The good news: I'm approved!  Yay!  Time to get this party started!  The bad news: some ingrate in the city's business license department thinks the names Anna and Anne are interchangeable.  And sent my business license to a completely different address, to a completely different person.  Who just happens to have my same middle initial and last name.  Needless to say I am livid and slightly panicked, as the wrong information in the wrong hands can lead to very bad things.  So I am afraid I am going to have to insist to the city that we start these proceedings over again.  Which means I'm going to have to wait.  Again.  Luckily the nice man on the phone said I was actually approved in mere days and would have had my license practically immediately, had the postal delivery worker not said it was undeliverable...which still baffles me. 

So now, after my anger has subsided and I have a plan of attack, I have ended up with an apple pie, (now leftover) pasta, and a small mess on my hands.  I am not one of those people who gets angry and needs to punch things or go exercise for 4 hours straight (thankfully, ew).  No.  I am one of those people who surveys the scene and does things.  Like madly crochets outside, in the sun, then decides, no, I'm going to go get my laptop and work wirelessly in the sun and write my store policies, yeah! Then runs out of battery and comes inside and does dishes, then bakes a pie (with a little help once someone else got home [also, I don't even like pie all that much, I just wanted to make one]), then makes dinner, then watches 3 episodes of Lost (we're on Season 5, don't spoil anything for me!) while simultaneously working on her endless log cabin blanket, all with an allergy earache due to nasty trees blooming outside my apartment.

Now my new best friend at the city's licensing department just needs to call me back so I can resolve this little issue.  Tick-tock...tick-tock...

1 comment:

  1. I was just looking through all of your Pyrex photos, and realized J's Grandma M. used to have one of these. I loved it as a kid because the sunflower looked so bright and happy! I wonder what happened to that piece...

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.