Keeping Calm...

In the midst of all these Etsy Shop preparations (I swear, it's happening, even though I'm keeping it all under wraps!), I have managed to squeeze in some soothing 'log-cabining' in the evenings.
I don't really like to spread it out and look at it after every row; one row really doesn't make much of a difference at this point.  But I spread it out a few nights ago and hot dog!  I've started the THIRD color repeat!  Fancy that.
It almost fits the width of the bed, and luckily I think I still have enough yarn left that it will not only be wide enough but long enough.  I originally intended it for the bed, most likely just throwing it over the end to look pretty and use it when I woke up in the middle of the night with cold feet...but after how many years of working on this thing now?  Three?  This puppy will be USED.  I expect the great-great-great grand children to have it hanging on a wall somewhere, someday, telling house guests, 'Oh yes, crazy great-great-great grandmother Anna made that when she was a bright young thing.  She was truly insane!'  And I really won't hold that accusation against them.
For now, I'll just be mouthing my mantra and carrying on with Etsy items and log-cabining.  I actually expect these lovely piles of yarny creations I have living in all corners of the apartment will be loaded into the Etsy shop in just a couple of weeks!  Even though it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's this weekend, I might be holed up in here with shades closed and photo lights on, just so I can get that process started.  I am so excited to share what I've been working on!

2 comments:

  1. oh no you did NOT get a keep calm and carry on poster!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.