The View From Here

This picture is pretty much the story of my life.  Yesterday I put on my tough girl face, pulled out my two bins of half-finished new designs, yanked everything out, organized, played dress-up, and came to the conclusion that I do in fact love everything in there.  (Yay!)

The View From Here

In the 'complete insanity' mode that I've been in for the past two months getting ready for holiday craft fairs, etc., I had shoved what I can now see are some pretty nifty ideas into some Ikea bins and threw them under the piano.  It's no wonder I was unsure of them at the time, as I did some quick calculations in my head and realized that in the past 6-8 weeks I have crocheted at least 130 Skipjack Cowls...actually the number is probably closer to 150.  It's no wonder I couldn't look at these here piles of yarn and see their true potential!

The only problem I'm facing is that three of the four new designs I've been playing with are REALLY cozy.  I'm talking sub-zero wind chills cozy.  So now my big dilemma is whether I finalize and release them now, in time for true Winter, or finalize and release one or two of the lighter weight pieces now and wait to release the other, heavier pieces in the coming Fall.  I just don't know!  I do know that I am really excited to take our little photo studio out of doors for our next round of product shots.  I have successfully survived and navigated my first true selling season on Etsy and on the craft fair circuit, so I am completely energized and excited to see where the next year takes me!  And with that I want to put a lot more effort into our photos. (And I say our photos because as most of you have probably figured out by now, if I'm the one in the photo, boyfriend is the one behind the camera. Teamwork!)

The thing is, these aren't the only pieces I've been working on: I have some very delicate crochet thread I've been looking at for some Summer inspiration and I'm really excited to locate my teeny, tiny crochet hook and get to playing with something a bit lighter.  And to make some pretties that are on a bit smaller scale...hmmm, I wonder what they could be?!

Oh my, so much to do, so little time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving yarn but I just pulled out some thread for an order and I"m so excited about the things I can do with it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.