Wednesday Women 3.30.11

Today I thought it would be nice to step away from the usual photographs of fancy ladies and share with you all a photograph of a fancy and handsome gent.

This here is my grandpa.
Grandpa Joe to be precise.
I think I mentioned before that as one of the babies of the family he was someone I never knew, although I have heard many fond tales about him.
That adorable little chunk of fluff he's holding there happens to be my mother, in what she likes to refer to as her 'sumo phase'.
Which would put this picture's age at somewhere around late 1946 or early 1947.

I am enamored with this photograph because even though I know it was taken out on the dusty central California cattle ranch where my mother grew up, my grandpa is wearing a very dapper outfit, complete with cardigan and appropriately rolled dungarees.

Gotta love a man with good style.
Especially when cardigans are involved.

1 comment:

  1. Your grandfather looks glamorous.

    I wonder what his story is.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.