Eastern Washington Travelogue: The Digital Edition

Toto, I don't think we're in Washington anymore...except, oh, we are.

We stopped and lingered at every single roadside thrift and antique shop we drove past on last weekend's little road trip.  While we found some very lovely candidates to add to our Pyrex collection, none of them were in very good shape.  Except for this happy little Pineapple Chip & Dip Pyrex bowl!

Which I of course had to have photographed, with Steamboat Rock as the backdrop, wearing my fantastic camping outfit, complete with gigantic sunhat and ridiculous new sunglasses.
(No camping trip of ours is truly official until the red Birkenstock gardening clogs are worn.)

A little early evening knit-a-bit with the Log Cabin Blanket.
(Which is aaaalmost finished, but more on that next week!)

Tip-toeing through the...lupines...

...and the bitterroots on the tippity-top of Steamboat Rock.

Looking to the North from our hike around the top of Steamboat Rock, Banks Lake and swallows buzzing around below.

The Grand Coulee Dam.
Not one of my favorite places: too many sad stories of Indian tribes and settlers uprooted, the ecosystem destroyed, and lives completely changed, all because this enormous dam was built.  An amazing feat of engineering, yes. But looking past that is a real eye-opener.

The A La Cozy Motel from my viewfinder.

I spy: boyfriend and his trusty Polaroid camera.

Looking West, toward the Eastern side of the Cascades.

Where would you like to go today?

 
Somewhere on highway 2, just outside of a speck on the map called Waterville, Washington.

There are few things I enjoy more than hopping in the car with all of our belongings and setting off on an adventure to see what the open road has to offer.  I do hope you all enjoyed this handful of snapshots from our latest excursion!

What corners of the world are you going to explore this Summer?
Somewhere far-off and exotic?
Or perhaps somewhere closer to home, maybe even in your own backyard?
Share!

And in case you missed the Polaroid Version of my Eastern Washington Travelogue, you can see it here!

6 comments:

  1. Tonya in EnglandMay 27, 2011 at 12:07 PM

    I love seeing pics of America that I've never seen and know nothing about. Love the pics of your home too! This summer we are camping in Cornwall, UK which is a 4 hour drive from home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonya! There are definitely many interesting corners of this huge country-if only I had a bag full of gas money and all the time in the world to explore them all!

    Cornwall is on my list of places I would love to go! Actually, a 'British Isles' tour in general is on that list. Have fun camping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! I feel as though I was right there with you, they are that vivid and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love the Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly gee, thank you so much Michelle! I'm so glad you enjoy my photos so much, that makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, stunning photos!! Sounds like y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....such gorgeous photos. The Polaroid pics are incredible too! Looks like you 2 have such a fun time....even if an awesome yellow Pyrex bowl wasn't found. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.