Coco and The Captain

Ever since I saw the vintage portrait collection of Victoria's over at sfgirlbybay, I've been on a silent mission to create my own wall of quirk.  It has been a silent mission only due to the fact that somewhere in my brain, at some point in my life, it was decided that if I expressed how much I really wanted something, I would simply never find it.
In other words: I don't like to set myself up for disappointment.

As you can see, my method is working!

We found Coco the Cocker Spaniel...

...and her handsome owner, The Captain.
Coco has two unfortunate gouges in her canvas, but she is still quite regal, if I do say.
I know vintage oil portraits are easily found at places like larger city flea markets and antique stores but the price tags at those types of establishments make me woozy so I prefer to hold out for smaller prices at the thrifts.
I'd say just under twenty dollars for this pair wasn't half bad!

I do think Phyllis has a twinkle in her eye reserved just for The Captain.
What do you say?

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these, I never see anything like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought I'd find one oil portrait, let alone three! Although I think we found Phyllis over a year ago...it takes awhile! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.