Jewelry Drawer Organization DIY--Using Pyrex!

Hi friends!  Yesterday I did a fun little post over at the Pyrex Collective about organizing my jewelry drawer with....Pyrex!  I thought I'd post it here as well since some of you might not already know about the Pyrex Collective.  If you don't already know about it but are a fan of Pyrex (or perhaps wanting to start a collection of your own?!) the Pyrex Collective is a fun blog to read since people from all over contribute photos, stories, and information about collecting the lovely vintage dishware.
I hope you enjoy my little DIY for a Pyrex-organized jewelry drawer!
 *****

As you know, I live in a rather small one bedroom apartment, with the boyfriend, while operating my handcrafted business out of my living room, all while continuing to amass a somewhat large collection of Pyrex.  So we have to be quite creative in how we use and store it all.
(Otherwise we might get crowned with the dreaded title of Hoarders...)

Since we decided our apartment needed to be completely cleaned out & overhauled in order to set up my new home office (yippee!!!), we've been purging & cleaning every single nook, cranny, drawer, and corner of our dwelling.  The task was (and still is, not done yet!) rather exhausting, but I had to start somewhere.  I decided my incredibly unorganized & downright chaotic jewelry drawer was an excellent place to start!
Here's what I did:

 
I took all the bits & baubles out of my little drawer and proceeded to scurry around the house finding just the right height of pretty Pyrex to lay in the bottom.  Luckily, small pieces of Pyrex like teacups, my lime green brownie dish, small fridgies, and the teensy 8oz casseroles fit in my drawer perfectly!
I nestled enough pieces in the drawer so things won't shift around too much when I open & close it (this took a bit of time to get just right, be patient!), then used those pieces to organize things like sunglasses, handkerchiefs, rings, watches, and hair clips.

I placed in the bottom of the teacups & small casseroles a few of my delicate antique pendants & pins that tend to get lost easily, then hung my earrings around the edges so I can see & find them all in a pinch!
(Which is funny, I haven't worn earrings in a few years! Maybe I'll start again now that I can see them...)

The top of my dresser was a cluttered mess of lotions, potions, perfumes, and a few random hair products, so I grabbed one of our extra large charger pieces of Pyrex dishware and arranged it all rather neatly on the plate.
Those chargers/serving plates don't fit comfortably in any of our kitchen cupboards, so I'm happy to be able to 'store' one in a handy, useful spot where I get to see it on a daily basis.

I've been using my drawer in this lovely & organized manner for almost a month now and I absolutely love that I have all my pretties in there to greet me whenever I open it--including some of my beloved Pyrex collection!

Hopefully I've inspired some of you to reassess how you use pieces of your Pyrex collection!  I know I love being able to enjoy mine as much as possible, whenever and wherever possible around the house!
xo
Anna 

P.S. My jewelry drawer is one of the smaller drawers of a Hemnes 6-drawer chest from Ikea--it's quite a common dresser, so if you happen to have one you can easily do this with some of the same Pyrex pieces too!

9 comments:

  1. What a cool idea to use the pyrex...it looks very cute , especially the tea cup with the earrings and such!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney! It makes me ridiculously happy to peek in my jewelry drawer now. :)

      Delete
  2. that is SO cool!! thanks for the inspiration I'll try to do something like that =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet, just found your blog and i love it!

    georgia
    http://swonderfulgd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia, I'm so glad you like my teensy blog! Welcome! I must go lurk awhile on your blog now... ;)

      Delete
  4. ok so now only is this idea fabulous, it's an excellent use for all that pyrex we got for our wedding:) you are too creative, my friend.

    and pablo is a bichon:) they do look a bit like those doodle breeds...which are fabulously adorable as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Glad you like my kitschy little idea. ;)
      Pablo DOES look like a doodle! I would never have guessed he's a bichon...mostly because he's not fluffed out to high heaven! Tee hee.

      Delete

Hi friends! Thank you for lingering in my Victory Garden, I hope you enjoyed yourself while you were here!

If you have a specific question for me regarding my blog, photographs, Etsy shop, or anything really, please email me at Anna@VictoryGardenYarn.com.